“When the door closes, climb in through a window”
I have no-one to attribute this quote to, but when I came across it many years ago I loved it as a way of saying never give up, there is always a way.
In organisations it can seem like we are always in problem solving mode. Sometimes the barriers seem insurmountable. But if something is worth doing, you can find a way to do it.
Good problem solving will help you find the window to climb through. Some steps to help you :
- make sure you clearly identify what you want to achieve
- be honest about the barriers or challenges you need to overcome
- think about who can help you
- redefine the time-line to give you breathing space to break down the barriers
- identify incremental, manageable steps to achieve the desired outcome
- celebrate your milestones to stay motivated and never give up.
There is always a way to achieve what you want. It may take more work than you imagined, or take longer than you would like; but if you truly want to achieve it, you will find that open window.
To see other blogs in the challenge click here